**I have, of late, restrained my commentary on wedding trends, so as to not risk offending some of my more delicate readers. It seems, however, that my inner censor has gone on vacation. Delicate readers, avert your eyes.**
Questions to ask yourself before planning a Marie Antoinette themed wedding:
- Do you want to base your marriage on the woman who said “Let them eat cake!” when the French peasants had no bread to eat? I understand you’ll be serving cake at your reception, but you still might want to think this through.
- Do you know that she ended her life in a small jail cell, before she was beheaded by the guillotine for treason? Again, I know you liked the movie, but something to ponder.
- Are you marrying a gay man? Because this is the only way you have even a 1%* chance that your partner will like your theme.
- Would you like people to arrive with bouffant unwashed hairdo’s infested with rats?
- Despised for legendary excesses? Mmmm. You do know about the financial crisis, non?
*Gay men: I do think you have better taste than this.
**And with that final volley of sass, I’m off for Thanksgiving. Happy travels, and much unedited dishing to each of you! And for all my non-American readers, have a scotch in our honor. This year, for a change, you might just wish you were us!**