Have I mentioned lately that you guys have the best ideas? Seriously. You have the *best* ideas. For those of you who don’t obsessively stalk my comment box, I had to share Lauren’s fabulous wedding party plan:
I’m not having bridesmaids, so I sent an Evite (I love Evites) to 10 of my friends asking them to be non-bridesmaids, with the following job description. It was really fun to read what everyone wrote back (and they all loved the idea!)
- Listens to me complain about how expensive weddings are.
- Comes wedding dress shopping IF she wants .
- Helps my mom throw a shower.
- Domes to the bachelorette party if she can.
- Helps out doing whatever she likes to do or is good at (i.e. baking snickerdoodles, making invitations, making funny videos of the other guests, drinking mimosas, etc).
- Helps me get ready day-of (hint: this may involve drinking mimosas).
- Tells me when I’m being bride-zilla-ish.
A non-bridesmaid does NOT:
- Wear the same dress as all the other non-bridesmaids. She wears her own dress (or skirt, or lovely pantsuit) instead.
- Get her hair or makeup done for my wedding (you all are very familiar with making yourself look beautiful every day), Caveat: if you WANT to get your hair or makeup done because you love any excuse to be pampered, then I am all for that! Pamper yourself!
- Carry flowers. Caveat: if you really want some flowers, I will get you some, just for being such a fabulous friend.
- Stands in the front of all the other guests. But you can sit in the front row if you arm wrestle my brother for his spot!
I hope you get the idea. If I were going to have a giant wedding party, you would absolutely all be up there with me, but I’m not, and I still wanted you to know how much you mean to me and how much I appreciate your friendship. Plus, with an Evite, you can all read each other’s clever comments!
Awwwwww…. I’m pretty much sure that I want to get asked to be an non-bridesmaid. Hopefully tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day.
PS – How is it that after we finally settle on a wedding party alternative, suddenly there are a million and one amazing ideas flying around?