Hello Team Practical,
So. I suppose I’m rather proud to say I’m looking for an accountant. Over the last two and a half years, APW has grown and grown and grown. Once upon a time it was just a place where I wrote stuff down. Then, a little later, I wrote stuff down and it made me a tiny bit of pocket change for Etsy shopping. Then, it started making help-pay-for-vacation-change. Now, it takes up a whole lot of my time and energy, but has begun making help-pay-the-bills-change. This is a very good thing, given that I am supporting a family.*
Anyway, the time has come to get my books in order, by which I mostly mean, time to get some books. So I’m looking for the following kind of accountant:
- Someone located in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Someone experienced working with (very) small businesses
- Someone who can work with me to set up accounts and Quickbooks. (I’m quite a smart client, having used Quickbooks and taken finance courses before, but when it comes to setting the whole thing up from scratch, I’m smart enough to ask for help).
- Someone who can help me through (quarterly) tax season.
- Someone with reasonable social skills (I know. I ask a lot of a person. But turns out, not all accountants are so good at the talking-to-humans thing as you’d think. Which is tough, since I like to feel a nice sense of trust with people handling my money.)
If you are such a person or know of such a person, drop me a line, won’t you?
Thanks. You guys know all the best people.
*Side note: when I say I’m supporting a family, people usually ask me how many kids I have. I’m always sort of proud to say none, and then when they look confused say, “Just my husband and I.” Because it’s nice to let people know you’re a family just the way you are.