So, many of you are newly engaged, or got engaged last year, and are back from the holidays and realizing that it’s time to buckle down and get the wedding planned. So, I’m delighted that one of our first sponsored posts of the year could not be more practical (in the literal sense). I’m thrilled to get to talk about and do an amazing giveaway for Glö, a paperless wedding invitation company. But they are so, so much more than that.
Glö has totally beautiful paperless wedding invitations, which save the planet and your wallet (and are delightfully classy). But they also have some of the most powerful RSVP software out there. And now, if you want to use their RSVP software, and have paper invitations? They offer those too. YES!
If you haven’t planned a wedding before, you have no idea that the stress that the invite list can cause you. You need to track everyone’s addresses, you need to know who’s coming to what (Rehearsal dinner? Welcome Picnic? Wedding Itself?), and in this age of email, you want to be able to email people easily. Like, “Hey you people who haven’t RSVPed to the Welcome Picnic, what’s up with that? Are you coming or WHAT?” And, if, like we did, you’re trying to run all of this from your own color coded spreadsheet, you might find yourself tearing your hair out, while you slowly melt into a wailing blob on the floor.
- Email Save the Dates (DO THIS THING, TEAM. Seriously. If I had to do it over, I’d email Save The Dates to everyone with an email address. The older people, I’d call.)
- Paperless Wedding Invitations that are classy. You don’t have to use them to use Glö, but what an excellent green option to have at your fingertips.
- A wed-site, called a Glö-site, that you can totally personalize.
- Smart RSVP Technology. Unlimited events and RSVP questions. You can select which guests can view each event + related RSVP questions on your site. All of your RSVPs will be pre-organized for you and saved to your database.
- Paperless Group Thank You Notes.
- Interactive Design. Yup, you can totally use a Glö design if you feel so moved, but you can also upload your own designs (yay DIY!) You can see a bunch of examples of what people have done on their site.
But here is the bottom line: APW-ers love Glö. They say it’s the best technology on the market, with the sanest coolest most responsive tech department (that would be Taryn). They say that Glö solves a problem, and saves them enormous amounts of cash. And with all that, I say Glö is a no-brainer.
Thus! I am delighted to start the year with a Glö giveaway. Here is how it works:
What you win: One Complete package, for a Large Celebration. That includes website for 18-months + unlimited invites (for STDs, invites, etc.) for unlimited guests. It’s the biggest package they’ve got (sweet).
To enter: You need to sign up for a Glö trial (Honor code. To enter you must say in your comment that you signed up for a trial, and then I will believe you). Then play around with Glö a bit and leave a comment stating why you want to send paperless invitations, or use Glö’s amazing! amazing! RSVP technology.
To win: Taryn will select a winner using the magic bowl (e.g., at random) – just like last time!
Plus! We will also give the winner an opportunity to select a second winner from the comments on prize day – which makes it doubly fun to win!
So go to it ladies and gents. Leave a comment, and lets start the wedding planning year out right. And, um, go sign up for a Glö free trial. They are, quite honestly, super super awesome, not to mention a huge sanity saver. And you’ll need your sanity wedding planning, so save it for the big stuff, yes?