- Tickets are $20 (this money will go to help pay for the party), and we’re strongly suggesting a $40 tax deductible donation to LAMBDA Legal at the door, so make sure you bring your wallet!!
- We will have limited edition tote bags (which are different from the regular edition tote bags going on sale next week) for sale at the event for $20 and limited edition posters available for $10.
- The party will include guest appearances from the recently married couples, dancing-your-face-off courtesy of DJ Whitney Day, an open bar, and damn good company.
- The party will take place on August 25th, from 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM, at 320 Studios in Manhattan.
- We can’t wait to see you there.
- There are 200 tickets available, and I suspect they are going to get snapped up like hotcakes.
We pretend that weddings are all dresses all the time, but unless you are having a two-dress wedding (in which case, #awesome. Two dresses are definitely better than one), someone in your wedding is wearing pants. And even more likely, they’re wearing a suit. The wedding industry likes to pretend that choosing a suit is like choosing produce at the grocery store: it’s all basically the same and you’re just looking for a good deal on something that isn’t bruised. But that assumption plays into all kinds of sexist stereotypes about weddings.…Keep Reading
- Q: Why Can’t a Man Pick out China in the White House? A: America.
- This $49K, 300 Guest Wedding Was Basically a Rock Concert
- APW Happy Hour
[Read comment policy before commenting]