As I’m sure most of you have noticed, since I finished the book in the spring (and after I took a small nap), we’ve been working like gangbusters around this joint to make APW more awesome. I might, in theory, have “Make APW More Awesome” taped to my bathroom mirror.* We’ve launched wordless weddings, we’ve done secret projects we are bringing you over the next two months, we’ve re-worked our editorial process, and while all this is phenomenally boring to read about, hopefully it makes you extra happy when you hang out around here, in a ‘I can’t put my finger on it’ kind of way. (Full disclosure: if it does not make you feel happy, we are sorry. We did our best.)
Anyway! One of the big surprises and joys for me this year has been growing the APW staff (as well as having wonderful staffers grow and leave the nest, sniff). And because the APW staff is so awesome (Fun fact: all of them are ex-Theatre people. It’s like I have some subconscious pull towards people who enjoy Kander & Ebb jokes), I wanted you to be able to get to know them all better. So! Today we’re launching Twitter streams for all the APW staffers. There is:
- PracticalWed (That’s me, but you already knew that.) I twitter links to the day’s post, general sass about weddings & marriage, babble about self employment, and make jokes about my life. I wish I twittered sass about politics (my number two passion), but I don’t. Most of the time.
- PracticalMaddie (That’s Maddie, our Submissions Editor.) I might have hired Maddie because she’s one of the funniest women I know. I couldn’t say. But it’s probably worth following her just for that. Also? She’s about to drive across the country in her grand move to California, so I’m pretty sure those tweets will be good.
- PracticalAlyssa (That’s Alyssa, who writes Ask Team Practical, and is one of APW’s longest running commenters, which is how I met her.) Alyssa tweets about your weddings and anniversaries, to cheer you on, as well as general Texan saucyness.
- PracticalEmily (That’s Emily, our advertising manger.) Emily is the one who’s sure to say something impolitic, which you clearly don’t want to miss. She’s also who you should follow if you’re a vendor, because she’ll tweet stuff you want to know.
- PracticalKate (That’s Kate, our copy editor.) I’ve been trying to get Kate on Twitter since the dawn of APW, back in 2008. It turns out that all I had to do to make it happen was hire her, forcibly give her a Twitter handle, and then tell her I wouldn’t pay her until she used it. That’s it! I really don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner, because it’s totally working out for me.
But really, you should go follow everyone because, when I told the ladies we were getting Twitter handles, Alyssa told me, “If I can’t talk about my vagina on here, I don’t want it.” So today we’re talking about our vaginas. Obviously.*Actually, I’m lying. I only tape financial goals to my bathroom mirror, like, “Make $XXXX so you can start a new site.” I’m crazy.