Hello! Hi! We’re back!
Happy 2012, you guys. I hope your holidays were wonderful and restful. After a profoundly exhausting year, my holidays were great (which is really something, because I generally find holidays to be crazy stressful). We pulled off a lovely Christmas, and at one point, we actually slept so much it made us tired. Win, right?
But now we’re back and excited to dive into 2012 APW style. This year includes a book tour (more on that tomorrow), finally introducing secret projects, brand new intern writers (we’re still working on that by the way… it took me three eight hour days just to read the applications—you guys blew me away), and… generally exciting stuff. I think I can speak for the APW Team when I say we’re thrilled to be back and to get going.
Which brings me to our brand new navigation! While most people were off stuffing their faces with cookies (which I hope you were… I baked and ate more gluten-free cookies than is technically good for a person), we were rolling out some new navigation for APW. The site has grown by leaps and bounds since we relaunched it not-quite two years ago, and the navigation needed an overhaul. So! There are new drop down menus at the top and lots of new goodies hidden all over. Here are some of my favorite bits:
- Meg’s Thoughts: As the blog has grown, it’s not just my voice anymore, which is an awesome thing. But I wanted there to be a place that was all my writing. So we’ve got it! You can sort by the categories I talk about most often, or you can just get the full scoop.
- Pinterest: APW now has a Pinterest page, and it’s kind of… rad. After resisting the pull of Pintrest forever, I’m now hooked. We’ve used it as a way to catalogue some of our favorite wedding images (from APW and beyond) in a way that you can actually find what you’re looking for. Wanting dress inspiration? Flower inspiration? Shoe pictures? Or just pictures of joy? Yep. We’ve got it all and more, APW style. Plus, the APW team will keep pinning to those boards every day, so get on Pintrest and follow us already.
- New Downloadable Wedding Planning Spreadsheets: In the book, I promised wedding spreadsheets you can download to plan this thing. Now they’re here! Together with Lowe House Events, and a ton of work from APW staffers Kate and Maddie, we created kick-ass spreadsheets to help making the actual planning part of your wedding more manageable. You can kiss us on the mouth later, after you use them.
- Wordless Weddings: Everyone loves them, so now they have their own page.
- Ask Team Practical: Speaking of things we all adore, now ATP has a page sorted by question types, so you can find an answer and a lively debate on whatever your current dilemma is.
- Just Engaged Page: It’s early January, so my bet is that there are a sizable number of you who are newly engaged. (Congratulations! Squeeee!) Now you have a page to help you get started and to lay out the APW philosophy for you, Cliff’s Notes style.
- Just Married Page: Your one page guide to some of my very favorite Reclaiming Wife discussions, which is like a catalogue of some of my favorite things in the world.
- Downloadable Content from the APW Book: You know. Just in case you wanted to give it a test run before you bought it. (Thank you for your amazing Amazon reviews, by the way. They totally made my holidays.)
And more! Poke around. Find new things. Re-find old things that you loved. Enjoy. And please don’t worry. I didn’t spend my holidays doing this. With lots of help from Super Runaway, Liz, and the team, we spent our November and December doing this. We just sneakily rolled it out when you weren’t looking.
Happy 2012 you guys. Let’s do this thing.