Today’s launch is the culmination of a year’s work, and something I’ve been hoping to build for the APW community for a long time. For years and years I’ve wanted to have wedding websites that were designed by APW affiliated designers with APW readers in mind. Y’all have a very particular design-y, quirky, slightly minimalist style, and I wanted you to be able to get that in your wedding websites. So! Last year, I started talking with Taryn of Glö about making this dream a reality. And, after tons of work, Glö is now offering their signature wedding websites, paperless invitations, and streamlined RSVP system… now in partnership with the phenomenally talented designers behind A Printable Press, e.m. papers, and up up creative,. The designs are so gorgeous I want them all. And the best part is, you now have the choice to use Glö‘s gorgeous websites and pair them with the designers paper invitations if you don’t want to go paperless! In fact, this launch is such a big deal to me, that we’ve launched an APW + Glö partnership page on the site. You’ll find it right up in the navigation bar, beside spreadsheets. By shopping there you support APW, Glö, A Printable Press, e.m. papers, and up up creative with your wedding, all in one fell swoop. That means you support a whole bucket of creative lady entrepreneurs in one go. Rad.
So, before I dive into the awesomeness that is Glö, I want to give a huge tip of the hat to the designers that worked hard to bring you awesome and beautiful wedding website designs. They each have a bio on the APW + Glö partnership page, but they are:
Kimi of A Printable Press, who launched her design business through APW a million years ago, is a deeply talented designer who will mash up anything into something you want to put in your mouth. She sells printable PDF’s of wedding invitations along with party invites and baby announcements, and she is now a personal friend of mine (because she is awesome and I am lucky).
Eleanor of e.m. papers, who is a long time APW reader (you’ll remember her weddings in Germany and the US). She designs downloadable print files for invitations that you can personalize and print on your own, and she even has a free invitation for those of you that need it. Her aesthetic runs towards beautiful interpretations of the natural world. She is the cat’s pajamas.
Julie of up up creative, who you’ll remember from her campaign to completely shake up the wedding industry by letting you guys set your own invitation prices. After she did that, she wrote a brilliant post about how price is not the same as value. Her minimalist design-y wedding invitations speak for themselves, and I love them. (Also, she has elopement announcements, greeting cards, and way more.)
Now let’s talk about the magic of Glö, which is not just about wedding websites, it’s about excellent RSVP technology, paperless invites, and so much more. Basically, Glö takes the part of wedding planning where you tear your hair out over managing your guest list and RSVPs off the table. Worth it! With Glö, you can:
- Send Glövites: beautiful email wedding invitations, save-the-dates and even a group thank you. (Here are some examples.)
- Create a Glösite: your multi-page wedding website. You can personalize like crazy by adding photos, a countdown, fancy slideshows, videos, interactive maps, or any other widget. You can even specify which guests can view each page. And yes, now you can have the whole thing designed by an APW designer.
- Add unlimited events to your website (e.g., rehearsal dinner and reception) and select which guests are able to view each event. The website only shows the correct events to each guest, thus preventing hurt feelings. Ta-dah!
- Add unlimited RSVP questions for each event, seamlessly collect responses, and view them online or download them to a .csv file. Guests can edit RSVP responses for their entire household, preventing duplicate RSVPs. You can also update your guests’ RSVP responses online.
- Easily communicate with all or some of your guests before and after the wedding celebration using our easy messaging tool. It’s super easy to ping and remind guests to RSVP or send last minute updates.
Glö offers a 21 day free trial, and after that their prices are excellent. (Plus, Glö now offers monthly pricing plans!) You can get the Light Package (the website, with events & RSVPs) for $75 a year, and the Complete Packages with Online Stationary start at $109 a year. APW designs for your website are purchased individually, and they are $20 (and are so pretty).
I’ve been dreaming of this project for years, and I’m so glad to finally get it into your hands. It’s the perfect blend of APW values: functional technology to make your wedding planning less stressful; quirky and lovely designs; supporting female small business owners and creatives. Happy browsing, you guys. I hope you enjoy these half as much as I do.