* Allison, Mathlete/Keys/Vox & Dakota, Internet Judge/Guitars/Vox * Photographer: Zachary Hunt (APW sponsor) * Soundtrack for reading: “This Must Be the Place” by the Talking Heads and “No Matter What” by Badfinger *
One sentence sum up of the wedding vibe: An easy-going South Austin musicians’ wedding, where the music was loud, the beer was flowing, the dance floor was hopping, and the love was for real and forever.
The Info—Photography: Zachary Hunt (APW sponsor) / Venue: Mercury Hall / Food: Curra’s Interior Mexican / Desserts: Handmade cupcakes & Central Market pies / Harpist: Dian Riemer Repp / Band(s): Boonesboro and Music Learning Club / Bartenders: WeTendBar / Clothing: Allure/Indochino & Allen Edmonds / Hair: Jessica Ayers / Makeup: Makenzi Laine / Coordination, Flowers, DJ, Style, Decoration: DIY/handmade
Other cool stuff we should know about: How about a few random pieces of advice?
- Don’t believe the haters. A cat does indeed make an Excellent Brideskitteh.
- Hire a band. Hire two bands—but skip the DJ and make your own playlists.
- Why stop at one officiant named Ian when you can have two?
- Wear bright red lipstick.
- Serve tequila at the bar. Even if it’s morning.
- As it turns out, when you get married people take your picture all day, even before you’re dressed and made up. Who knew? So when you wake up on your wedding day, find something to wear other than that grungy old cat T-shirt in a crumpled heap on the floor by the bed.
- MARRY FOR LOVE.
- Wisdom from Allison’s father during his amazing toast: “Do more than your fair share, and don’t keep score.”