We’ve said it once and we’ll say it a million times: the APW staff is just a small part of what makes this site awesome. The rest is you guys. So we’re always looking for ways to tap into your brains and share your smarts with each other, particularly if this shared knowledge helps your fellow APWers cross some things off their wedding to-do lists.
Which is why I’m psyched today that we get to introduce a brand new feature to APW: Playlists crowdsourced from directly within our community. Each month we’ll round up the soundtrack songs from the previous month’s wordless weddings (because man, you guys pick the best stuff to listen to at work). And then in between, we’ll also be crowdsourcing really helpful lists of things like first dance songs, songs you can rock out to, parent dances, etc. and compiling them into playlists that you listen to anywhere you have access to the interwebs.
So! First up, the sweet sounds of January, brought to you by eight of APW’s finest:
- “You And I” by Ingrid Michaelson from Bridget & Kevin’s San Francisco City Hall Elopement for Introverts
- “In the Aeroplane Over the Sea” by Neutral Milk Hotel from Kaleigh & Mark’s Mountaintop Wedding
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes from Sarah & Chris’ Hurricane Sandy Wedding
- “Raining at Sunset” by Chris Thile from Julia & Ballard’s Rainy & Rustic Wedding
- “Digital Love” by Daft Punk as covered by Vitamin String Quartetfrom Kate & Micah’s Texas Lovefest
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by The Proclaimers from Jody & Rob’s Handcrafted Canadian Country Wedding
- “Heavenly Day ” by Patty Griffin from Erin & Rob’s Kid-Friendly Wedding with Alpacas
- “She Is” as covered by Sufjan Stevens from Brigid & Ximena’s Church & Croquet Wedding
Next, our first crowdsourced playlist will be first dance songs! Leave a comment below with your favorite first dance song, and we’ll round up some of our favorites and put it together in a playlist that you can access online.
Happy listening, y’all.