APW playlists are quickly becoming some of my favorite content on the site. There’s just something extra fun about getting to know you guys through your musical taste, plus now I have these great playlists that I’ll actually listen to the whole way through instead of just putting up with the random assortment of stuff that Pandora usually spits out at me when I’ve exhausted all of my allotted skips (though, have I mentioned lately how great my Pandora station based on “Baby One More Time” is? Because it is awesome).
Not to mention, the suggestions we’re getting for our crowdsourced playlists have been incredible. Finally, non-cheesy (or at least delightfully cheesy) suggestions for wedding music based on music that has been used at actual weddings! Novel! Speaking of which, our next crowdsourced playlist after we put together your parent dance suggestions will be processional music, so leave us your best suggestions in the comments and we’ll pull together some of our favorites for a future playlist. For now though, we hope to brighten your afternoon at work with the soundtrack to February’s wordlesses. Enjoy!
PS Meg is the traditionalist around here, and now that we’re doing ceremony music, she’d like to encourage you to include classical and/ or religious suggestions for music if you’ve got ’em. She’s a fan of Trumpet Voluntary’s. Or so she says.
“Not a Rom-Com”
- “Question” by Old 97′s from Ashlee and Brian’s Morning Wedding Hike in Zion National Park
- “Offering” by The Avett Brothers from Jessica & Justin’s Vegan Wedding at the Hoover Y Park
- “Postcards from Italy” by Beirut from Sarah and Casey’s Self-Officiated Philly Food Truck Wedding
- “Everything” by Michael Bublé from Amy & Olivia’s Hill Country Peacock Wedding
- “Parachute” by Ingrid Michaelson from Amy & Olivia’s Hill Country Peacock Wedding
- “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany from Jordan & Meredith’s New York City Pizza Party Elopement
- “Hold My Hand” by Michael Jackson and Akon from Kelly & Mike’s Las Vegas No Pants Party
- “The Winner Is” from the Little Miss Sunshine Soundtrack from Sachini & Michael’s Blended Buddhist Jewish Ceremony