Over the past few months, we’ve loved getting to know the APW community better through your musical choices. Better yet, we love that this feature allows us to use the community’s great taste to build wedding playlists that rock and, more importantly, are useful.
But recently it occurred to us that something might be missing from the way we’re currently approaching music: actual wedding playlists. Because it’s one thing to have a huge list of first dance songs in front of you to choose from, but it’s another thing entirely when you can see how other couples have put together their wedding musically holistically over the course of the whole day.
So here’s how this goes. We want your wedding music. So if you loved your wedding playlist, then head over to our submissions page and drop us a line with the following:
- Your Name and Your Partner’s Name
- Three to five photos of your wedding
- Eight to twelve songs featured at your wedding, and what they were used for
- One sentence sum up of your wedding’s vibe
And voila. If your wedding music is chosen, it’ll show up in a post much like this one.
For the most part, these are going to be highlight posts, like this one. But, if you are one of those people who breathes music, or if you were just particularly pleased with your self-DJed reception, we want your playlists too (if you’re willing to share). So if you think this might be you, then you can also head over to our submissions page and send in all of the above, except you should include the whole set list. We won’t be able to create a playlist with all the songs you include, but we will be able to format your playlist so that others can download the set list and make it their own. Hurrah for sharing!
I for one am thrilled to listen to the results and to experience your weddings through a totally different medium. In the meantime, since this is a new feature, we thought we’d kick off the inaugural run with a staff playlist. So today, I hope you enjoy my relaxed, beachy wedding set to ukuleles and hair metal. For the three of you out there who love Styx, today is for you.
Maddie’s Wedding Mix
- Family Processional: “One Love” by Bob Marley
- Wedding Party Processional: “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
- Bridal Processional: “Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What a Wonderful World” by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
- Recessional: “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey, as performed by Vitamin String Quartet
- Replacement First Dance Song: “Come Sail Away” by Styx*
- Parent Dance: “Changes” by Kelly Osbourne, featuring Ozzy Osbourne
- Parent Dance: “God Speed, Sweet Dreams” by The Dixie Chicks
- Last Dance: “Renegade” by Styx
*Our actual first dance song was an original song written and performed by my uncle, which is sadly not available on the internet.
Photos by Eve Event Photography