* Katie, Hair Stylist & Roei, First Aid Instructor * Photographers: Judy Wiebe and Leor Stanley * Soundtrack for reading: “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes or “5 Years Time” by Noah and the Whale *
One sentence sum up of the wedding vibe: Sunshine, Daisies, Happiness, and Blessing.
Other cool stuff we should know about:I look at the photos, and it makes me think a few things:
- My dream worked. It’s possible. It wasn’t perfect, and I’m so very glad. It was perfect because we are in love and our family and friends felt welcomed, got to celebrate, and had a party with us. Success.
- We didn’t spend a fortune, I bought my dress online, we didn’t rent chairs or a tent, we had no sound system, our photographers were a good friend and a sibling, we didn’t feed the world. And still people walk up to me on the street of our small town and tell me it was the funnest or coolest wedding they’d ever been to.
- We planned it long-distance from home and each other over the span of six months while in school, save the week before wedding. It was crazy. It worked.
- If you don’t want to be crazy at your wedding, odds are you won’t be. The morning of my wedding I was probably calmer than when I wake up five minutes after sleeping through my alarm. It can be fun.
- I still love my husband. More than my wedding day. And if the wedding was completely different—in a cave, in the winter, with no one there—I would love him just as much.
Favorite thing about the wedding: Having a field full of daisies to park my VW in the sunshine and picnic with my husband, family, and friends.