It’s the time of month where we round up all your soundtrack songs from May’s Wordless Weddings, and give you a little playlist for your afternoon desk dance party. Back when I was doing fancy-secretary work, I used to put on earphones and listen to playlists while I did piles of expenses. I mostly listened to old school hip-hop, and I particularly enjoyed when “Mo Money Mo Problems” came on. This playlist is not of the “Mo Money Mo Problems” variety, but it is one of my favorite APW playlists in a long time. Plus, it gave me a chance to reuse favorite-picture-ever of Aimee drinking out of the bottle. Funnily enough, for a month themed around Tradition, this playlist isn’t traditional at all.
And! In other news! Everyone always talks about first dance songs, but what about LAST dance songs? I’m kind of a sucker for our last dance song, to be frank. It’s that moment where all of the emotions of the wedding came crashing down on me, and I remember it far more vicerally than our first dance. So dish. What was your last song of the night? Share, and we’ll round them up. This is going to be a damn fun roundup.
- “All I Want Is You” by Barry Louis Polisar from Amanda & Tim’s Wedding at Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet
- “Love & Some Verses” by Iron & Wine from Aimee & Patrick’s Bodega Bay Elopement
- “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes from Katie & Roei’s Wedding in a Friend’s Field
- “5 Years Time” by Noah and the Whale from Katie & Roei’s Wedding in a Friend’s Field
- “The Way You Do the Things You Do” by The Temptations from Rachel & Jelmer’s Instagram Wedding
- “Say Hey (I Love You)” by Michael Franti w/ Spearhead from Christina & Matthew’s Self-DJed Dance Party
- “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel from Alison & Ken’s Jewish-Italian Lancaster Wedding
- “Weapon of Choice” by Fatboy Slim from Alison & Ken’s Jewish-Italian Acoustic-Ska Love-Fest Wedding