by Maddie Eisenhart, Managing Editor
If you’ve been here for a while, you’ve probably already heard of Glö, a reader-founded company known for their stylish paperless invitations (with designs from APW artists!) and wedding websites that master both form and function (plus a ton more that you’ll find out about in a minute). The magic of Glö, and what sets them apart from everyone else, is that the interface was built for customization, so Glö has the power to be everything you want, and nothing that you don’t.
In fact, Glö does so much, that until I saw the video below, I hadn’t fully wrapped my head around the Glö experience. I mean yeah, sure, I can list all of the features you get with Glö, but that’s not going to reassure anyone that their Nana will understand a Glövite when it arrives in her inbox. (The good news? After watching this I’m sure she will.) So to help us understand the Glö magic, Glö founder Taryn put together this handy demo that walks you through the Glö experience, from invite to RSVP and beyond:
But just in case you’re tuning in from work and can’t watch the video, here’s the rundown of everything you can do with Glö. (Taryn seems to have forgotten “Conquer the world.”) Though, if you’d rather just experience it for yourself, you can always head over here and sign up for a free twenty-one-day trial from Glö, no strings attached:
- Send Glövites—beautiful email wedding invitations, save-the-dates, and even a group thank you. Upload a design, or choose from one of their gorgeous preexisting designs (now featuring even more designs from APW designers!).
- Create a Glösite, your multi-page wedding website. You can personalize like crazy by adding photos, a countdown, fancy slideshows, videos, interactive maps, or any other widget. You can even specify which guests can view each page.
- Add unlimited events to your website (e.g., rehearsal dinner and reception) and select which guests are able to view each event. The website only shows the correct events to each guest, thus preventing hurt feelings. Ta-dah!
- Add unlimited RSVP questions for each event, seamlessly collect responses, and view them online or download them to a .csv file. Guests can edit RSVP responses for their entire household, preventing duplicate RSVPs. You can also update your guests’ RSVP responses online.
- Easily communicate with all or some of your guests before and after the wedding celebration using the easy messaging tool. It’s super easy to ping and remind guests to RSVP or send last minute updates.
But don’t take it from us. Check out these reviews from happy Glö customers:
Because Glö Saves You Money: After playing with the free trial, my fiancé and I decided to use Glö. It is so worth the money! It is way quicker than creating paper invites. It is way cheaper than sending paper invites. Plus, there’s no waste! I think it saved me a couple hundred dollars, hours and hours of work (the initial writing up and entering of everything took at most four or five hours and I can keep tweaking), and lots of stress. It was actually fun! —Bride K
Because Your Grandma Will Love Glö Too: At first I was a bit apprehensive about sending online invites, but we decided to bite the bullet and just send the online invites to everyone. A testament to its success was the quote from my over-eighty-year-old Irish grandmother (who literally just has an email address and little more) who rang my parents after receiving the invite to say how much she loved it. —Louise & Kannan
Because, WINE: This option to use Glö has helped us save SO MUCH MONEY—money we can use for things like dresses… Beautiful, beautiful dresses. And wine! AND everyone we have shown the site to LOVES it. —Emma & Nick