*This is a paid post from an APW Sponsor*
When the subject of renting wedding dresses comes up, the first thing anyone says is always, “Yeah, but is it going to look good on?” Because you love your wedding party. And you just want them to feel good, look hot, and not go broke wearing a dress. Little Borrowed Dress has long been one of the best wedding planning solutions out there: for a fraction of the cost of a bridesmaid dress you would buy and keep, your wedding party can rent high-quality dresses, made right in New York, for just fifty dollars. And today they are upping their game in a huge way (it’s taking all the restraint I have in my body not to write this whole post with Caps Lock on).
Now, before you go asking yourself if renting bridesmaid dresses is even a good idea (because I can practically hear my nagging aunt asking about all the possible problems that might come up), let me tell you that Little Borrowed Dress has the process down to a science. Their easy, stress-free rental process includes:
- A free backup dress in a different size with every rental just in case (and the designs are created in such a way that they are meant to fit a range of body types and shapes).
- The option to try dresses on first in their New York City showroom or stop by an LBD trunk show near you.
- Your choice of eighteen gorgeous fabric colors, or if you can’t decide, simply order a free swatch!
- Free returns! A prepaid envelope comes with every rental, so just drop it off in the mail when you’re done.
- Affordable prices and high quality. Short dresses are just $50 to rent, and long ones are only $75. Or you can buy the dresses, starting at just $150. All dresses are made in New York, and Little Borrowed Dress is known for their outstanding customer service.
So now that your nagging aunt is quiet in a corner somewhere, let me tell you the really exciting news. Little Borrowed Dress has made a ton of changes to their business in 2014, all of which are a direct response to things you guys have asked for in the past. So without further ado, I’m thrilled to announce:
Little Borrowed Dress’ Brand New Site!
When the ladies behind Little Borrowed Dress mentioned that they were redoing the Little Borrowed Dress website, I figured maybe it would get an updated logo, and a few new features. No way, Jose. The new Little Borrowed Dress has been totally redesigned (it’s so sleek) making it easier than ever to find what you need, and fast. But my favorite part (well, other than everything I’m about to tell you) is the revamped “Real Weddings” section. I’m talking tons of Little Borrowed Dress wedding parties in action, on real people, at real weddings. Score.
Kickass, Diverse Models showing off their dresses
You guys, I practically squealed when the new pictures from Little Borrowed Dress came through my inbox. THE MODELS. They look like… you! And me! And my friends! And what’s even more awesome is that you can see exactly how each dress fits on different body types (just click through the galleries of each dress to see how it fits on different bodies.) Nothing makes me more excited to buy something online than seeing how it looks on someone like me first. And on a personal note, I really appreciate that Little Borrowed Dress has seamlessly integrated their new models into the new site. Yes it makes me feel loved when I see women like me modeling clothing I might buy, but it makes me feel like a real human being when I see those models standing next to people who don’t look like me (instead of shoved in a corner delegated to plus size women only). It’s a small gesture that goes a big way towards better practices in both the wedding and fashion industries.
New Dresses, Better Fit
New Year, New Dresses! Little Borrowed Dress has added a whole new range of dresses, plus they’ve updated some of their most popular existing styles for an even better fit. They even updated their fabric: Little Borrowed Dresses are now made using crinkle chiffon, which looks great on and is less prone to wrinkling. Nailing it, guys. Nailing it.
Speaking of new dresses! (lbd goes bra-friendly)
- The Kate: You asked for it, they made it. Kate is a gorgeous wrap dress with adjustable sleeves that is stylish and sweet. And the best part is you can wear it with a regular bra (for those who detest strapless bras, or for people like me, who are detested by strapless bras). This one is the obvious winner.
- The Emma: With a scoop neck and flowy skirt, this style is perfect if you are looking for a more classic style. The Emma can be also be worn with a regular bra.
- Mia: LBD’s popular strapless style dress has a new twin sister. Mia is still flirty and fun, but has more detailing around the bust that gives the dress more structure.
When you run a small business, especially one that involves manufacturing, it can be really difficult (and costly) to make changes to your business model. So when a small business makes changes like these, it’s a HUGE deal. For years Little Borrowed Dress has been listening to your suggestions, and today they delivered hard. With an even more awesome collection, plus the ability to see how the dresses might fit before you buy, all while keeping their $50 price point (for short dresses. Long dresses are $75), LBD has pretty much removed all of the guesswork out of renting bridesmaid dresses. So if you’ve been toying with the idea of borrowing instead of buying, head over to Little Borrowed Dress and witness all the new bells and whistles for yourself. I didn’t think it was possible, but I’m pretty sure bridesmaid dress renting just got a million times easier.