Ladies! Alyssa here, doing my part to ease Meg’s workload a bit and helping keep her from exploding into tiny Meg-bits from stress. (which I think would be pretty and sparkly, but still not a good thing.) Apparently book writing is HARD, y’all!
Anyway! It’s APW book club time again, and we’re going to try something a bit different with our suggestions. There are some guidelines we need y’all to follow to make this work, so bear with us.
If you have a book you think would be perfect for the next APW book club, take the following steps:
- Read through the comments of this post and make sure your book hasn’t already been suggested.
- Comment and suggest your book, listing the title, author, and one sentence on why you think it’s a good APW book.
- If your book has already been selected (or you see one that you think is a good pick) click “Exactly!” on the comment listing the suggestion.
WAIT! Don’t go yet. A couple of requests.
- If you have multiple suggestions, make multiple comments.
- Please read through the comments before you make a suggestion. Duplicate suggestions get deleted, along with any “Exactly!” votes they may have gotten. And that would be sad.
- Please limit your suggestion to title, author and one sentence on why it’s amazing. Seriously, you get only one. Don’t make me edit your comments, cause Meg says I can. As soon as I figure out how…
- Please let your “Exactly!” be your vote, not any reply comments. If you absolutely MUST give a paragraph-long impassioned plea on why we HAVE to use this book, send me an email (alyssa at apracticalwedding dot com). I like mail.
We’ll tally the votes and then let you know the pick very soon! Now, GO!