Since March was a relatively light month for wordless weddings, we thought we’d throw in an extra treat for you guys today. Instead of just featuring songs from just last month’s weddings in today’s playlist, we’ve resurrected some classic APW wordless weddings for your listening and viewing pleasure. We’ve included one of my all-time favorite wordless weddings, Jennah & Gary’s Hilarious Austin Wedding, which I refer to mostly as the “flying chicken” wedding. And also, not to get all best-ever on y’all, but Kiara & John’s wedding not only has all the style, but also has a song I still remember, “French Navy.” BAM.
And while you listen, how about lending your opinion to our next playlist in the comments? It’s occurred to us over the past few weeks that most of the playlists we’ve been putting together have been of the secular variety. So this time we want to hear your suggestions for best religious ceremony music. Then over the next few weeks, we’ll round up some of your suggestions into a future playlist. As someone who had a Jewish wedding, and whose parents had an Episcopal wedding, this is for real how I roll. Trumpet voluntaries, hymns, gimmie your best stuff. Signed, the girl who would never play One Direction in her ceremony (SORRY MADDIE). Your staff, as ever, tries to give each of you someone to identify with. Classical ladies, let’s do this up right.
And now, the musical stylings of Decided:
- “All Your Life” by The Band Perry from Laura & Kate’s Science-Meets-Literary Nerd Chic Wedding
- “Midnight City” by M83 from Katie & Peter’s International London Bash
- “The Best is Yet to Come” by Michael Bublé from Alyssa & Kyle’s Seattle Zoo Wedding
- “Earth Angel” by The Penguins from Alison & Nick’s Comedy Theater Wedding
- “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele from Jacquetta & Shaneequa’s Self-DJ’d Reception
- “Love is Like a Bottle of Gin” by Magnetic Fields from Lyn & Chad’s Kick-Ass Santa Barbara Historical Museum Wedding
- “So Long, Lonesome” by Explosions in the Sky from Kayce & Matty’s DIT Hawaiian Labor of Love
- “French Navy” by Camera Obscura from Kiara & John’s Laid-Back Small Scottish Bash
- “Escape Artist” by Zoe Keating from Kate (APW’s copy editor!) & Kevin’s Green San Francisco Church and Beer Hall Wedding
- “Everyday I Write the Book” by Elvis Costello from Jennah & Gary’s Hilarious Austin Wedding with a Flying Chicken