Some of you in the Bay Area have been dying to see our new office space for The Compact and APW (we’ve been showing you pictures under the hashtag #compactclubhouse on Instagram, where you should TOTALLY be hanging with us @the_compact). WELL! While we’re not anywhere near fully decorated and open for business, we’re opening our doors for the first time next weekend for a good cause, and you can (and should) come hang with us. Here are the details:
We’re hosting the Phenomenal Woman Action Campaign photo pop-up next weekend in Oakland March 18–19. Proceeds benefit seven fearless women’s organizations, and you’ll join badass women like Issa Rae, Luvvie, America Ferrera and you know… me, modeling this shirt.
This is how it’s going down
- Purchase a Maya Angelou–inspired shirt (from $32)
- At checkout, enter the code APRACTICALWEDDING (this is how we know you want a photo!)
- Watch for an email to schedule your shoot time
- Show up and get your photo taken by an amazing local female photographer like: Jamie Thrower, Nicole Cross, Laurie Wilson, Stephanie Haller, Katelyn Tucker, or Jennifer Graham
- Plus, you get to hang out with the APW and The Compact teams in our new digs!⠀
KIDS WELCOME! If you want your kids in a few of your photos, we recommend that you dress them in solid colors. If you want to just have some me-time in front of the camera ?????, we’ll have a kids’ play area set up, and our staff will be able to keep an eye on them for you. NON-BINARY FOLKS WELCOME! We’ll have markers and you can modify the hell out of your shirt, with all due love and respect to Maya Angelou. Also, if you’re not in the area, you can still participate by posting a selfie in your shirt on social.
Can’t wait to see some of you in real life!
This experiment proves how women are treated differently than men—because people still need convincing ?