* Georgina, Arts Administrator & Salvatore, Electrician * Photographer: Yvonne Bloome of YB Photographic * Soundtrack for reading: “Uptight (Everything’s Alright)” by Stevie Wonder *
One sentence sum up of the wedding vibe: A whirlwind day, fueled by friendship, laughter and champagne.
The Info—Photography: Yvonne Bloome of YB Photographic / Ceremony Venue: Old Marylebone Town Hall, London, UK / Reception Venue: Vinoteca, London, UK / Georgina’s Dress: Purchased online from Coast and customised by ‘Mary’, a free-spirited local dressmaker / Georgina’s Bouquet: Songs From The Garden, embellished by Georgina / Salvatore’s Suit: Custome made in Hoi An, Vietnam / Salvatore’s Boutonniere: Rackets purchased from Etsy
Other cool stuff we should know about: Our wedding was non-traditional from start to finish. However, given the proposal (by me) wasn’t really a proposal at all (more of an afterthought) it came as no surprise to our family or friends that the wedding didn’t conform to WIC conventions.
So, what did non-traditional mean to us?
- No family
- No white dress
- A bridal party that was more interested in joking around than stuffy formalities. In fact, we were all dressed, ready, and waiting when the photographer rocked up to capture our preparations.
- A stand-up reception in a cosy, boutique wine bar (with no music or dancing)
- No made-up traditions (e.g. party favours)
- A wedding banquet just for two at Michelin-star restaurant, Pied a Terre.
Favorite thing about the wedding: Having planned the wedding in tandem, the day was a genuine reflection of who we are as a couple. I can’t think of a better way to commence our married life.