* Liz, Aspiring Photographer and Part-Time Adult & Guy, Computer Whisperer * Photographer: Christina Richards * Soundtrack for reading: “Here Comes Your Man” by The Pixies, as performed by Vitamin String Quartet *
One sentence sum up of the wedding vibe: Plenty of fun for all so the bride and groom didn’t feel like the center of attention the entire day.
The Info—Photography: Christina Richards / Day-Of-Coordinator: Lowe House Events /Venue: Pedro Point Firehouse / Catering: Luigi’s / Catering: Cake Expressions (Mom’s cousin made all the crafty, edible flowers by hand!) / Invitations: Yay Invites / Hair & Makeup: Triple Twist / Dress: David’s Bridal / Shrug: Zappos / Crinoline: Swank Underpinnings / Veil: SLJ Bridal / Engagement Ring: Garnet Girl Designs
Other cool stuff we should know about:
- As a grown-ass lady, I struggled with having someone “give me away” even though I definitely wanted Mom to walk me down the aisle. So we had our Sister-fficiant ask Mom and Other Sister if they welcomed Guy into the family. I loved that moment so much more than I would’ve hated being “given away.”
- All the flowers for the bouquets and the ladies’ hair clips were crocheted by the bride and her sister (the officiant!). The centers are all marble magnets, sans the actual magnet.
- There were a bunch of vases decorated with floral marbles to match our colors, DIY’d by Mom & Sister (the green bridesmaid).
- Our flower girl was supposed to be my cousin’s almost-2-year-old. But she was having no part of it, so my baby cousin filled in at the last minute. Betcha couldn’t even tell she wasn’t intentionally dressed as a member of the wedding party.
- While at the Dollar Tree buying photobooth props I picked up a couple pairs of butterfly wings and realized that if I were a kid, I’d put those on and not want to take them off again. Which lead to the idea of the “costume” bags for each of the kids. Pirate hats and swords, butterfly wings and tiaras. I’m proud to say the kids happily mixed and matched the two styles.
- After party: BOWLING!
Favorite thing about the wedding: Talk about a Sophie-esque choice! The moments we couldn’t have planned for are among our favorites. Like the impromptu punk rock dance party provided by a friend’s smartphone. The absolute best part of that was when my uncle started passing out the kid-safe LED candles for the kids to dance with a la lighters at a concert.
Editor’s Note: Liz is an up-and-coming photographer with a fantastic eye. You should check out the Flickr set of photos she took at her own wedding. (Raise your hand if you’re impressed. ::Raises Hand::)