A few weeks ago, I was talking with Meg about what kind of tools I’d love to see in the wedding space. “How awesome would be,” I asked, “if your wedding website connected to your invitations so that your RSVPs automatically upload onto your envelopes and you don’t have to re-enter the information over and over again?” And then basically the next day Minted emailed us to tell us that they just rolled out brand new wedding websites that would do exactly that. Okay wedding Gods, I hear you. Thanks for the solid.
If you’re not already familiar with Minted, they are a staff favorite for affordable, stylish wedding invitations, holiday cards, wedding decor, wall art, and basically anything else you can think to put on paper. Minted sources designs from hundreds of independent designers, so there’s a style for every taste (modern, whimsical, HELLO GOLD). And almost every wedding invitation they feature costs less than $300 for a set of 100 (and that’s including the fancy foil and faux watercolor designs). And now, you can get a wedding website that not only matches your invitations, but takes five minutes to set up, and integrates with your RSVP list. I spent some time poking around the new Minted wedding websites (aka I made a fake one for Michael and myself), and here’s what I learned in the process:
1. Minted’s new wedding websites are the good kind of plug and play. I’m not usually a fan of plug and play wedding websites that use overly stylized templates, but that’s because the available templates are not always… cute (seriously, it’s like they haven’t changed since I got married). But Minted has over 100 wedding website templates, all designed by independent artists and designers, and they are hot. So while you won’t be doing a lot of style customizations beyond simple layout and color choices on Minted’s platform, you won’t need it anyway. Bonus: all of Minted’s website designs also have matching invitation designs.
2. There’s a lot of functionality packed in that user friendly platform. I wasn’t joking when I said it takes five minutes to set up a wedding website with Minted. But for a user-friendly platform, there’s actually a lot of really useful bells and whistles packed in there. For example, you can add as many events to your wedding website as you want, and with one click choose if you want that event to be private or not (i.e., if you’re having a welcome dinner for out of towners, or a bachelorette party that only certain people are invited to, etc.). Then with another click you can make those events visible only to specific guests, so that when folks go to RSVP to your wedding, no one will have any hurt feelings seeing events they aren’t invited to (meanwhile you have the ease of only needing to collect one RSVP from each guest).
3. Integrated RSVPs are better than my birthday. My favorite thing about using Minted is that once you upload your guests’ names, Minted does all the rest for you, including printing your guests’ names on envelopes for free. And with the new Minted wedding websites, here’s how streamlined that process can be:
- Create or upload your guest list into Minted. You can even request addresses by email or Facebook and have them automatically uploaded to your account.
- Choose your wedding invitations from one of Minted’s 1,000 designs. (To see which ones match their wedding websites, click here.)
- Get your guest’s names and addresses automatically printed on your envelopes. For FREE. (And there are even a variety of address styles available that don’t cost extra.)
- Your guests RSVP through your Minted wedding website, which already has their information saved in it. So no extra work for you.
- If you want, you can easily order bonus matching wedding goods like escort cards or table numbers and get free guest name printing or table number printing on those too.
- You can even pre-order thank you cards with your guests names pre-printed on the envelopes, so after the wedding all you have to do is… write.
For a limited time, you can get a Minted wedding website for free. Plus, after I set up my website, I was delighted to see a no expiration date offer for $50 off my next Minted order of $100 or more.
So if you’re currently without a wedding website and were thinking of using Minted for your wedding invitations, then go snag one of those free signups right now. Because it’s not often that the wedding industry just does what I wish it would and does it so stylishly. And my mama told me never to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Click HERE to sign up for your FREE MINTED WEDDING WEBSITE today and get $50 toward your next Minted order of $100 or more!